Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica.....
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:39:22 -0700

I'm not sure what I would do. Again, I've been using Leicas for over 50
years, and have seen what they've been able to do in that time. I've
augmented Leica M's with SLR's that could do what the rangefinders couldn't,
and while I did appreciate what R lenses could do on R bodies, I never
bought into that system because the SLR's were the 'money making' system; I
never enjoyed them as much as the M's for my personal work. Also, in general
the R system was a bit limited for me; Leica would eventually come out with
the lenses I wanted, but only years after Nikon had them.

If I was seriously getting into photography now, I would probably go the
route of: P&S, better P&S, Canon Rebel or something like that, better SLR
and then maybe Fuji X Pro-1 to supplement that. Maybe after using something
like the Fuji for a while I might try Leicas. Who knows?

As it is, Leicas are the one camera that I have never left and don't see
leaving now. They're not the be-all end-all, but I shoot better more easily
with them than with anything else I've tried.

Henning

>>> http://www.imagist.com/blog