Subject: [Leica] Pentax Spotmatic, but it has a stain in the focusing screen
From: curtisbliss at yahoo.com (CB)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 05:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

CLA is a good idea.? I've personally seen several "working" spotmatics pack
it in after being returned to use. Sometimes the shutter gap is off at 1000
or sometimes the?curtain?hangs and never makes the full travel across which
causes the mirror to stay up...? The last working and clean spotmatic I sold
brought?$5 plus shipping on that auction site...should be plenty of spares
out there!
?
Curt

???
?

Considering its age, would a CLA from Essex be in order? The issue I had
with my Spotmatic was deterioration of foam in the mirror box. I wouldn't
take me chances with screwing the camera up beyond repair. Essex did
excellent work on my old Konica III and the price was reasonable.

Jeffery