Subject: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:05:22 -0700

Great adjective...   (or past participle).

The files, even on screen size jpegs, are just wonderful looking.  I can
hardly imagine a nice 16x20 or larger print.

I have to admit that I am even thinking about the MM, in the far back of my
mind, never having used a rangefinder camera.  Maybe one of these days if I
find myself in a large city, with time to spare, and near a good camera
store that rents these, I might fork out some cash to rent the MM with a
lens or two and give it a try for a day.  Then again, maybe that would be a
mistake.  My R system at the time put me back quite a bit, but I do admit I
enjoyed every moment with my R8 and lenses.  The r4 did not thrill me, but
was, at the time, the entry way into the system.  And I do love the R lenses
on my Nikon.  I can shoot wide open and get better results than my Nikon
glass stopped down 2-3 stops.  Hardly any CA to correct, or distortions.

I have held an M9 for a few minutes, but never actually used one.  But this
MM is getting tempting.

Aram