Subject: [Leica] OT: Better browser?
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:52:33 -0700

This question lives in the Windows universe. Macs are perfectly good
computers, but outside the scope of the problem.

The entity to which I am indentured requires us to use an earlier
version of the Bill Gate's browser. Since I sometimes need to connect
there from home, I have to keep my IE behind.  Said version is now so
old that it often freezes or crashes on many Web sites these days.  So I
am going to make another browser my default, and save IE for when I need
to connect to said entity.

So...  Chrome or Firefox?  Or...?   Which do you prefer, and why? I like
reliability and logical simplicity of controls. Reasonable security is
good, too.

I've been fooling with the most recent version of Chrome, but have
noticed some quirks. Like the LUG gallery displaying blank pop-ups when
I click the little double rectangle to enlarge the pictures (they show
up fine if I right click and tell it to open in a new tab).

--Peter

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] OT: Better browser?)
Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] OT: Better browser?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: Better browser?)