Subject: [Leica] Politically correct
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 07:37:43 +0100

As someone who lives in Spain but in an English-speaking household and is
responsible for a fair amount of se?orita photos, I feel morally obliged to
add my 0.02 ?.

No Spanish woman I know would consider the word "se?orita" demeaning.
Depending on age, she would perceive it either as normal or flattering ;-)
And certainly when Lluis or I use the term, no sexism is involved. Those who
know us know that.

In fact, the most common term for woman here is "chica" and is applied to
women of all ages by both women and men. The corresponding term for man is
"chico". Think of it as "guy" and "guyette".

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
(sent from somewhere)