Subject: [Leica] Photoshop
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 13:31:23 -0400

I have as well singed up for CC Creative Cloud... as I think has most anyone
who has been using Photoshop for the past decade or so. I use a Suite so now
I have all the adobe software at my disposal and don't have to worry about
upgrades to come up with the money for.
The huge amount of traffic this tread had the last time it was here three
weeks ago sounded to me like a bunch of guys complaining about software they
never even bothered to use in the first place.  How to get it when they has
some way out of date version of it laying around on a computer they never
used any more.
Non Photoshop users complaining about Photoshop.
Till I joined the LUG the idea of doing anything resembling serious digital
photography not using Photoshop had never occurred to me. I didn't know
anybody not using Photoshop most every day.
But here we have people spending tens of thousands on a camera and lens and
want to know what free software to use with it. Shareware. Cheapware.
Lightroom though is a great out as it seems to be designed for grade school
kids except you really have to spend a few dollars for it.
Plus its called now "Photoshop Lightroom" so you can pretend you're really
doing something.
And as Tina says no you don't have to download it from the Cloud. You can
just get it like you always did. For now.