Subject: [Leica] Toe surgery
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 20:55:02 -0700

Well, they called it surgery.  I did have to pay a $400 copay since it was
listed as surgery.  But it was pretty minor.  I had a bone spur on my 4th
toe between it and the 5th toe.  Drove me crazy on our last trip.  I could
hardly hike at times.  Bandaged and used a corn protector and managed.  So,
went to the doctor and said "either cut it out or cut off my toe.  I want to
hike"  Fortunately they chose the former.  And the doctor even let me take
some pictures.  Not from the best of vantage points, and will never give Ted
any competition, but I was happy with what I was able to get.

The incision
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ts/surgery-3582.jpg.html

filing away the spur
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ts/surgery-3589.jpg.html
I could not get a good angle of this.

A very tight crop
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ts/surgery-3592.jpg.html

Sew it up and I'm out of here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ts/surgery-3592.jpg.html

That was Friday.  Took the wrap off today.  Looks like my toe was in a fight
and it lost.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ts/toe-3605.jpg.html

Now I just have to wait for the bruising to go away and I'll be back to
normal (I hope that is good).

Aram
comments and criticism welcome.  View large if you like.   D600 ISO 800 with
a bit of noise reduction, but not much.

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Toe surgery)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Toe surgery)
Reply from leesonpj at gmail.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] Toe surgery)