Subject: [Leica] IMG: Using Macro Mode with X-E1 and 18-55 - Scott
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:26:39 -0500

Hi, Jim

I don't really take any macro photos, but I wondered about this on the X-E1
also.  With the Fuji 60mm macro 2.4, the closest I can get is approximately
20cm (from the sensor) with macro switched on.  It seemed to be about the
same with macro on or off.  I didn't try it with the 35 1.4, but I read
somewhere that the closest focusing distance is 80cm, probably without macro
on.  Seems like a lot.  On the other hand, your images are fine so who
really cares whether it functions or not.  I doubt that I have the patience
or skills for macro anyway.

Ken