Subject: [Leica] IMG: Using Macro Mode with X-E1 and 18-55 - Scott
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:34:58 -0500

Hi Ken,

According to the best treatise I could find online, Macro Mode works
only with the Fuji prime lenses.  I'm not sure how close one can get,
but it is definitely not as close as I can manage with the Olympus 35
Macro or the Elmarit-R 60mm.  For me, it is no issue.  The definition is
so great that I can crop to whatever closeness I may need.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA