Subject: [Leica] Leica R to Fuji X adapter?..
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 06:18:30 +0100

I tried my R lenses on Canon (EOS 1Ds mk2 and 5D) before buying my DMR. I
bought the optional Canon screen with split image and microprism focusing
aids, which seemed to work fairly well, but the 19mm clashes with the
mirror, perhaps others too. I found that the Canon 500mm f4 was the best
tele lens I had used and stopped using the R adapters.
The metabones speed booster adapter makes a cropped sensor have the same
angle of view as 24x36, so the 21mm covers the same view on the X Pro-1 as
it did with film. The optics in the adapter were designed by Brian Caldwell
so are probably as good as it gets for the price.
FD

Replies: Reply from davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching) ([Leica] Leica R to Fuji X adapter?..)