Subject: [Leica] Motion contest blur
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:09:51 -0700

Steve Barbour SHOWED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Motion contest blur

> as a scientist, I was trained in physics, biology, and medicine....
>
> sorry Larry, but I don't fully follow ....
> what do you think of this one?
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2013/codyballs.jpg.html

Hi Steve
I'm not sure if I made a comment about your dog "action photo?" Jeeesh is it
ever neat!! :-)

How does one describe the strange "effect of the grass and surrounding
background?"

What I do find fascinating is the "Strange effect you created by
"swishy-panning" the camera at the same speed as the dogs head with ball in
mouth!!" Given what appears a "sharp ball in dogs mouth."Yet body appearing
with what some might refer to as a kind of "blurred effect due to motion"
??????????

A comment of some kind would be much appreciated?? Thank you kind Sir!

Now please remember some of us do not quite understand how these effects,
shall we say? Actually occur?

Like, how do you get some parts appearing strangely "in motion and kind of
blurred"?? I do hope that is the correct use of those words and effect?  Yet
the sharp ball in the mouth and right rear paw and left front paw sharp all
at the same time. Please don't go esoteric on us! Thank you. ;-)

cheers,
Dr. ted  ;-) ;-)

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Motion contest blur)
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Motion contest blur)