Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: inquisitor at devilkitty.org (C. L. Basso)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:59:13 -0400

On 09/06/2013 05:16 PM, lug-request at leica-users.org wrote:
> I borrowed my son's D 200 body to see just how easy it was to focus a MF
> lens.  Without using the in focus indicators, it was pretty difficult.
> Brightness was not too bad but contrast was miserably low
> .  My D1x was both brighter and more contrasty. The D200 would not work for
> me.
>
> I am wondering if someone who has had a D200 and D300s and maybe a D3 or D4
> could comment on relative focus ease. Keep in mind that I own predominantly
> MF lenses.

I, too, own principally MF lenses for my Nikons (and not a zoom in the
bunch). When I finally bought a digital Nikon body, I learned quickly
that the original-equipment screens on any of the digital Nikons are
rough to use with MF lenses. I replaced the screen in my D2x with one
from KatzEye:
http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/cat--Nikon-DSLRs--cat_nikon.html

It made a world of difference (and provided center focussing aids, not
unlike the "K" screen). Worth every penny.

No affiliation with the company, just a satisfied customer.

--
Charlie Basso
Walled Lake, Mich.

worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon