Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:00:07 -0400

By the way I check its not what I put down on the email: a 35-50-28  I find
its the LEICA TRI-ELMAR-M 16-18-21 mm f/4 ASPH.  Called by some the Super
Wide Tri Elmar or
And this really capture the focal lengths of the bulk of serious shooters
out there when they use a zoom... They're using not a wide zoom but a real
wide zoom. Ultra wide. Which I think people think of as  21 and wider.

another approach perhaps Ted's is to carry multiple bodies with your
favorite lenses on them... As in the ones you own.  This made it so you're
not going to have to be changing film during a fast breaking situation that
you don't want to miss any shots on.  And you can use fast glass or half
assed glass anything you want.
When I die and go to photo heavon I'll have three M 240's around my neck
and or in my side bags.
I'll have a
SUPER-ELMAR-M 18 mm f/3.8 ASPH.
ELMAR-M 24 mm f/3.8 ASPH.
LEICA SUMMICRON-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH. Which I already have... Or my 40. Or my
50.
The 90's are too damn heavy but I'd tell God or Satan depending I'd want to
borrow the APO-SUMMICRON-M 75 mm f/2 ASPH for the duration of the next
millennium.  Before everything goes hologram.

People think of f  3.8 as excruciatingly slow but if I'm not looking through
that lens to get the shot I sure don't and if its a wide I'm using all kinds
of real slow shudder speeds and I  like smaller lighter less obtrusive
glass.
And 3.8 is  a blazing 0.148 stops faster  than the f4  wide TRI-ELMAR
Otherwise known scientifically as "a smidgen".
http://imaginatorium.org/stuff/stops.htm
" A "smidgen" means less than one-sixth of a stop"

And carrying three bodies one could put color in one of them just to mess
with peoples heads. Or shoot that new digital thing they're coming out with.
$6950 * 3  = $20,850
I'll pick them up tonight on the way back from buying milk.