Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 04:03:49 -0400

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/wa-tri-elmar.shtml

" To my mind the WA-TE, price aside, comes off as the winner in this
category. Image quality is excellent; having three focal lengths in one adds
versatility; and build quality is as good as it gets. It is rangefinder
coupled, and 8 bit coded. What it gives up in aperture to the Distagon it
makes up for in lower weight and smaller size. All of this makes the
16-18-21mm Tri-Elmar the Goldilocks of ultra-wide lenses for the Leica M8.
For those not needing ultimate wide aperture lenses, in combination with the
original Tri-Elmar this lens makes an unbeatable light weight travel duo,
offering focal lengths on an M8 from 21 - 70mm equivalent in six steps.
Pricey, to be sure. But very versatile."