Subject: [Leica] Auto ISO
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:39:16 -0400

On my cameras when you set the lowest shutter speed in the auto iso menu it
will go lower than that when it absolutely has to to avoid under exposure.
So in very dark situations I'm not going to get my 100th of a second.
So on dark streets where I do a lot of my shooting I sure don't get my 100th
of a second but that's ok with me as I do get a picture I'd not get
otherwise. No way you're going to shoot in no light subjects at 100th so I'm
ok with that.

If I wanted it locked at that shutter speed and not go lower under any
circumstances I could set the exposure mode at not at  A but S or M. shutter
priority or Manual. Auto ISO works with any mode P, A, S or M on my N
cameras.
Obviously the M does not have an S mode but I bet there are similarities
otherwise in the way it all works.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer