Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tina's "Tea Party" reunion propaganda photo
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:29:29 +0200

Le 19 oct. 13 ? 13:57, Jean-Michel Mertz a ?crit :

> This is an excellent photo, not out of focus at all, the main
> subject, people (men) handling a handgun, is clearly at the centre,
> my eye goes there direct, and then there's the rest of the family,
> women abviously, enjoying coffee and a good talk, probably, while
> their men comment on the best way to use the thing they are so
> passionate about. Life and death. This is what this picture is about
> and this is why it is iconic.

Agreed Jean-Michel.

Life: three generations of women, plus are they not the ones who give
birth?

Death: Apart from the gun, the lady with the fixed glaze set in the
distance on the left-hand side looks like a cross between a statue and
a stiff as a result (sorry Miss). The photo even includes wreaths in
the background ... speak of readiness.

Also, the carton below the hand ironically reads half-half ...

Everything clicks!

The more I look at it the more I think this photo is one of your very
best Tina and, I don't know exactly why, reminds me of Ted's Cowboys
resting in that cabin.

Philippe in awe.

> Today in Alabama. Could be Georgia where my daughter lives. "When
> will they ever learn?" Thanks, Tina.
> JM
>

> Jean-Michel Mertz
> Strasbourg