Subject: [Leica] Leica using photographer
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:08:59 -0400 (EDT)

I saw this, found it interesting, worth a read, not the last word....
many here will find it a fascinating read.
Steve

http://www.overgaard.dk/Leica-M-Type-240-aka-Leica-M10-digital-rangefinder-camera-page-33-The-Leica-R-Lenses-on-Leica-M240-Catwalk.html
short url
http://goo.gl/bCDYmM
Steve
- - - -
Indeed it is an interesting article, especially for techies. A lot of
good pictures too. Overgaard is an excellent photographer despite being
burdened with too much new equipment. Many pictures of Leica R lenses
being adapted to M240s. Interestingly, the Summicron-R 50 mm lens that
he shows attached to a just out of the box "new" 1973 Leicaflex camera
was made in Canada. So much for all Leicas being German products.
Overgaard ranks the various 50 mm lenses with the best being the latest
with a floating element. Bear in mind that the differences are subtile
and certainly not apparent on a computer screen. In fact I doubt that
you could see any difference in lens quality short of examining a
really large sized paper print. A good read, though. Thanks, Steve.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Leica using photographer)