Subject: [Leica] Lions and tigers and bears - Oh my!
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

Precisely. Then people will say that wolves are a greater threat than
the deer, so let us have guns to exterminate wolves, in the USA, at
least, for the Nth time...
Cheers
Jayanand

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
wrote:
Well, then the answer is to re-introduce wolves.

Cheers,
Nathan
- - - -
Wolves and their ilk are reintroducing themselves. Coyotes and wolves
have interbred (both are actually the same species, as are dogs) to
produce the COYWOLF. This animal has extended its range from Canada,
through upstate New York and has been seen south of New York City. It
eats small animals ranging from pussycats to fawns. Unlike wolves,
coywolves don't hunt in packs but roam suburban areas at night hunting
for prey, the occasional fawn, an outside cat, or perhaps a small
unwary child. We have pictures of one devouring the carcass of a fawn
on our patio not 50 feet from our kitchen window. If only they could
control the illegal immigrant Canada geese that, thanks to global
warming, have moved their winter habitat from Maryland to the Hudson
Valley, all might be OK.
Larry Z