Subject: [Leica] Is my M8 turning into a paperweight?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 07:01:01 +1000

I need to amend what I just said. I looked again at your sample in full
size. I was wrong thinking you had fine blue lines (from pixel or sensor
electronics problem).
Your image shows banding. That really  looks like a processing artefact to
me. I bet you can reproduce it from a big underexposure with the darks
lightened in developing. The effect would be more or less obvious depending
on content and ISO too.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman