Subject: [Leica] Sony A7 question......
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 16:22:51 +1000

Whenever I import raw files from any camera, my approach is to copy and
convert to DNG into my primary library and make a second copy at the same
time to a separate drive for my archive backup. If you use this second copy
option, it preserves the original form in those second copies while making
the new DNG versions for my main folders directory.
If you want keywords, editing etc etc then you need to copy that main set
later of course.
Those Sony raw files were added at the Release candidate for LR5.3 (now
main release) and the ACR equivalents.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman