Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook future
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 16:48:13 +1000

I think that Brian has generously offered to take over* if no-one else is
willing.*
I'm sure that he would entertain volunteers stepping up rather than taking
on more work for him for us all!

The job description is 95% people skills, organisation and communication.
Layout in the basic Blurb tool is very straight forward although
significant quantities of text are just painful if you thought you could
import them while preserving formatting from MSWord for example. I've done
three books, two basically in the form of the LUG ones and one picture book
(for family) with 30,000 words in it. There are more sophisticated tools
such as InDesign of course.

Rather than this ending up on Brian,  I'd be willing to take this on (if
that was acceptable) were there no other volunteers stepping up.While my
own preferences for the content are a bit different, I think that the
current form is well accepted and expected.
Of course if Brian wants the job we have no doubt at all that the product
would be masterful!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman