Subject: [Leica] OT: Turntable
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 09:16:12 +0000

I never put my turntable away. I used to buy records from time to time in
charity shops but they have become very expensive since listening to LPs
became fashionable again.
Now I just buy CDs which are super value just now IMO.
What format I listen to depends on whether the bit of music I want to listen
to next is on LP, CD or a download (or a DAT or reel-to-reel tape...)

FWIW I worked for Garrard back in the 70s and learned quite a lot about
records, playing them and manufacturing them!
If you have loads of LPs you want to listen to, get the deck out again,
though it will probably need a service.
If you don't have loads of records I wouldn't bother. It may even be worth
selling whilst record playing is still high fashion.
Frank D.