Subject: [Leica] Funny florescent yellow camera bag vid
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 07:45:36 -0800

This is a concept I have been interested in.. a bag within another carrying
device....  The Big Yellow Bag is a concept to keep gear dry on the trip to
the destination.  In my case, I would like a camera bag that fits within a
daypack for travel.  Everything sized to fit.

What I have found, in travel on airplanes or trains, it is easiest to carry
gear on the plane on my back, backpack style.  However, the daypack makes a
poor daily user-bag for me.  Too  slow, must remove from back and put on
floor to get access, etc.  I want the best of all worlds.

What I want is the ability to stuff the shoulder bag into the bottom of the
daypack for travel ( arms free to carry or otherwise help my wife),  When at
the destination, leave the daypack at the hotel, empty, access the camera
bag and have something easy to access all the bits and pieces of camera
gear.

I use the Lowepro Stealth Reporter series of camera bags.  The 200 and 300
models do not fit the available daypacks I have found.  Either they are a
bit too long ( 1-2 inches) or they are too thick and the interior of the
daypack interferes with the thickness of the bag.  The bag does not fit to
the bottom of the pack.  A smaller bag is not an option.

Theses bags are around 11-12 inches long by 9 inches thick, using my
measurements.  Not big by any stretch of a camera bag....  Most daypacks are
around 12 inches wide and 3-7 inches of interior thickness.

We have a couple of trips scheduled this year.  I will find a pack that
fits, or modify one to fit.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Funny florescent yellow camera bag vid)