Subject: [Leica] 2013 Numbers
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 20:13:52 -0600

2,963 - Olympus E-3
1,932 - Pentax K-5

(Both used in taking theatre/musical)

Only a few on Leica M8. After one replacement body and an expensive repair
(based on two different problems...shutter fault and no card fault), the M8
could be the least reliable camera in photographic history if my problems
are any indication. It seems to be Leica's "dirty little secret" that might
help explain the LUGers flight to other bodies that accept Leica glass.
That Leica's warrantee doesn't apply to non-professionals is even more
offensive to people who paid the same price at BH.

If I were to ever become a professional photographer, I would buy a Leica
digital monochrome in a heartbeat. Not likely at my age. So I'll go with a
film camera with Leica glass or a dSLR. The choice of amateurs!

Jeffery