Subject: [Leica] The End of Bayer Sensors Is Nigh, But What’s Next? or use your A7R while you can
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 07:55:10 +1000

Paul I can comment on one aspect of that. As you know there is significant
correction for vignetting and asymmetric edge colour effects
('ItalianFlag') performed by firmware. The current issue of LFI has an
article by Michael Hussmann comparing the corrected/uncorrected test shots
with M9 and M (Typ 240) and the Summicron M 28 ASPH.
Those suggest that the M (Typ 240) *un-corrected* is at least as good as
the M9 *corrected* version

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman