Subject: [Leica] Using Leicas - and discussing the Yearbook
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 23:33:44 +0000

I sold all of my R gear and some of my M a few years ago...  so pretty much
just shoot Canon...    16,000 personal frames in 2013...  I'm expecting to
shoot 40,000-60,000 in 2014...

I bought a IIIG this year.... Nice enough to be part of my collection, but
not so perfect that I can't take it out and shoot with it....  Still have 2
M bodies plus a 4 digit A and IIIC...  but it is pretty hard for me to carry
them or go out shooting with them instead of my normal DSLR gear...  I do
mean/hope to use my Leicas this year...  but just haven't...

I also have thought about getting a d-lux 6 or x2 vario.... And every time I
see a picture taken the Monochrome M or 240 I want one... : (  someday....
But I shoot way too many photos with my 70-200... to go out shooting without
it...

FWIW

Duane

On Jan 10, 2014, at 12:41 PM, Jean-Michel Mertz wrote:

> But I rarely come across images made with Leicas these days and that's why
> I am definitely FOR a Leica-dedicated Yearbook!

+1

I'm curious:

how many LUG members have sold

ALL their Leica gear;