Subject: [Leica] IMG: Skiing selfie
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 21:44:05 -0500 (EST)

 On the LUG there are bikers, hikers, occasional sailors, leaf peepers,
gardeners, foodies, and bird watchers. But are they any other winter sports
enthusiasts? My wife and I are in the middle of our annual XC ski vacation
in Vermont. Unfortunately there is very little snow. These are the worst
midwinter ski conditions that I have ever experienced. The well publicized
Arctic vortex provided freezing temperatures in all the US states in North
America but the snow fell in narrow belts in the midwest and the Atlantic
coast. I have been a XC country skier since an army assignment in in 1955 at
the polar bear capital of the world, Ft. Churchill, Canada. I have more
pairs of skis than I have Leica lenses. Here is a selfie taken with a P&S
camera while skiing today.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Skiing+selfie.jpg.html
Are there any other winter sports enthusiasts, Alpine skiers, ski jumpers,
ice skaters, sledders, or snowball fighters on the LUG??
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Skiing selfie)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Skiing selfie)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Skiing selfie)