Subject: [Leica] Leica's April 24th announcement - place your bets!
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 22:57:42 +0000

Jim,

Like you I'm a techie. I believe in it. But I have been thinking a lot about
how
technology impacts photography recently. When I fly I fly budget, and that
means
limited baggage. Buying hold baggage or whatever is of course possible, but
it
rapidly mounts up.

Last time I travelled I could only travel with one bag for four days so had
leave laptop behind and carried only camera, charger and SD cards. I am
however
only shooting for my and very occasionally your, amusement.

I wonder how our photo-journalistic heroes would have coped and whether they
would have produced the images we revere them for, had they had to cart all
that
stuff.

I completely agree with your observations about the Camino, from trying to
take
my kids to interesting sites! They are more worried about Facebook
connectivity
than what is around them.

But somewhere buried in it technology advances.

Peter

--

Dr Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Leica's April 24th announcement - place your bets!)