Subject: [Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:50:52 +0000

There is only one version of the 90mm APO asph

john

Anyways I do have the lens. It cost me a bundle. And is it a reason for me
to try to get a new M? They upgraded the lens I think and are calling it
something else.

On 3/12/14 4:57 AM, "Marty Deveney" <benedenia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Focus shift is a property of lenses, not cameras.  The 90 AA
> has little focus shift but when using the rf the cam on many
> lenses does not follow the focus properly. Lenses that focus accurately at
> infinity can be off at 10m and then on again at 3m all at the same
> aperture.  Henning described it here:
> http://leica-users.org/v49/msg10637.html. I mistook it for focus shift when
> I first got my M8.
>
> Marty
>

> On Wednesday, 12 March 2014, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Are the older LEICA APO-Summicron-M 90mm f/2 ASPH - still focus shifting
>> on
>> the latest Leica M's?
>>

>> On 3/11/14 10:47 PM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at
>> gmail.com<javascript:;>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The new 35 is designed to reduce the focus shift inherent in the older
>>> design. I do like it a lot. The 50 Summilux of course predates the M (Typ
>>> 240) considerably. Both work really well on my camera. Focus system in
>> the
>>> new camera is refined further too.. Personally I wouldn't replace the
>>> Elmarit M 90 with the Summarit. It is a great performer already.
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Is it just me, or are these new Leica lenses a huge step up?)