Subject: [Leica] Inconsistent lens detection on M 8
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 14:14:45 +1000

A couple of years back, I had the mounts of two Zeiss M lenses  modified
for me by John Milich. His work was first rate, fast (including
international transits) and reasonable. If all that you want is the mount
modified, I recommend him highly. He is a machinist *par excellence.*
If you do want to have a lens (especially an expensive Leica lens) actually
cleaned, lubricated and adjusted and/or focus actually measured and
adjusted then you need to use someone that does a good job of that.
Independents such as Sherry Krauter or DAG  certainly have great
reputations.
Three of my lenses went to Germany  (one for coding) over a few years, all
came back executed very well. Same for three of mine that have been to
Camera Clinic in Australia.
As Tina mentioned, if your lens is in need of a CLA then coding can be done
at the same time for some savings I guess.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman