Subject: [Leica] Great Sand Dunes National Park
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 16:41:05 -0700

Love that place and your pictures are great.  But did you hike to the top?
I timed some of it.  About half way up is a sort of level area and that is
where my wife pooped out.  That was at about 250 feet.   I went from there,
stopping in a few places to photograph, and it took me 45 minutes to slog
up, two steps forward, one step back.  I was exhausted but thrilled to be at
the top of the High Dune on the first ridge.   They say it is 700', but it
was the hardest 700' I ever did.  Rested at the top and took some photos,
then turned to go down.  I packed my camera carefully in a case and under my
windbreaker in case I fell, then off I went.  I timed it, too.  It took less
than 4 minutes to get back to her.  Each step with the sliding down was
probably 15-20 feet.  It was like skiing.  Amazing and fun.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired  Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer
?
would ever have dared dream.??? James D. Watson