Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Beauty of M9 colors at night (Bangkok portfolio)
From: mitcha at mac.com (mitcha at mac.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 23:39:57 +0200

I have always liked the colors that one can get with the M9, and the ones at
night can be particularly beautiful as long as one processes the files to
look like night. One that I like particularly is this Bangkok picture:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/malland/9139937872/in/photostream/lightbox/

The above pictures was shot at ISO 800 with the Summilux-50 pre-APH lens
(f/2.8 at 1/60 sec). If you want to see more you can download the following
8MB PDF file with 16 Bangkok night shots:

http://bit.ly/1i93new

 Most of these were shot using the technique of ?shooting at ISO 640 and
pushing in Lightroom 5;? some have been pushed as much as 4 stops. Shooting
in this way actually makes the M9 a good camera for low light night
photography, considering the results that are possible even in street
photography.

Most of these pictures were made on very dark nights, often without any
street lights: the light mostly was from fluorescent tubes from shop windows
or food carts. Conditioned by the bright, flat light in shopping centers, we
tend to think of fluorescent lighting as ugly; actually fluorescent tubes
can produce beautiful colors. Indeed, there is a range of fluorescent cine
lights called "Kino Flo.?

C&C welcomed. Also, please post your color night shots.

- - Mitch

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] IMGs: Beauty of M9 colors at night (Bangkok portfolio))
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGs: Beauty of M9 colors at night (Bangkok portfolio))