Subject: [Leica] Trade in my M9? (RICHARD MAN)
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 08:31:59 -0600
References: <1417998464.29953.YahooMailNeo@web181703.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> <CAF8hL-HOPi8SYoUb_kfDa73SfrNdmcpaTSsV=aNJjc7RWMrvpA@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-ESRjnu2QESo+jWLLhh+4cx9CvUP1K5TF=tps_STXb03w@mail.gmail.com> <000e01d0129f$8ad52970$a07f7c50$@ca> <CAF8hL-EuTadgKwKuQoK1MA1tsLSFucyaK_3DfE81Tt18_D-2qA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF7+-SsObL4wi7jF8LsYnfD4_J0pmaTo26kRxRzKz+QsQQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-GLCvXn1ubA5Gvw1zxk5RB35X5zJ0vZor8ScEvj1vk1kA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF5UP58twPHEWkrRtLusFixcRoz98U9Y7U6KkzVC5CWJjw@mail.gmail.com>

For what it is worth, I think that when you upgrade to a camera with a more
competent sensor your ratio of images gone bad might actually increase,
because you'll become more daring in the opportunities taken.

That has certainly been the situation for me over the past few years.

It happened when I found really good Fuji 1600 film (although I had to
import it myself from Japan,) it gave me opportunities that I did not have
before, and I took them.

It happened with the M7, the M8, the M9 and now with the A7s.

I take more chances now than ever before, and I marvel that if I can see
it, i can shoot it.  Really.

;-)

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nothing wrong with saying whether you think the upgrade is worthwhile if
> that is what you want.
> What I did was say these are the improvements that were worthwhile for ME.
> Just facts and no opinion on whether the change is worthwhile for Leland.
> Not for you and not for Nathan, that is fine.
> I'm not an enabler. I can provide facts and I know my Leica gear which I
> use a lot. The importance and priorities are entirely what each of us
> choose.
>

> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>
> On 8 December 2014 at 17:01, Richard Man <richard at richardmanphoto.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Geoff, I am just "throwing cold water." I can be an enabler too, but I
> > suspect when people ask that kind of question, their mind is made up
> > already so cold water has no effect anyway :-)
> >
> > As for 10%, just a number I made up, but honestly, I am talking the # of
> > "keeper images" and if someone says a M240 improves their keepers by more
> > than 10% from an M9, I would like to see that :-)
> >
> > What you quoted are technical mumbo-jumbo, which does not make better
> > images, may be except as psychological "wow, I now have the M240, I must
> > make good images!"
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at
> > gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Ted here is the KISS summary.
> > > Yep content is everything. Both cameras can make great or cr*p photos.
> > > It is a better Leica than the one it replaced.
> > > Whether the differences matter for an individual is up to them.
> > >
> > > Richard I get your basic theme, but
> > > I'm not sure how you measured that there is a 10% difference in the
> > images
> > > though!
> > > !0% faster , brighter, sharper, less calories, what???!!!
> > >
> > > For fun here are some other percentages for you ;-)
> > > It is 50% faster, 33% higher pixel count, 100% better noise
> performance.
> > > Quieter, better built, better RF you will have to run your own numbers
> > ;-)
> > > I have no idea on current used prices for the M9 there. I understand
> that
> > > there are discounts from US Dealers currently.
> > > The M is available for maybe $1000 at least less here than say 12
> months
> > > ago and is much cheaper than the Monochrom for example..
> > >

> > > Cheers
> > > Geoff
> > > http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
> > >
> > > On 8 December 2014 at 15:28, Richard Man <richard at
> > > richardmanphoto.com>

> "LEICA
> > Leica
> techie