Subject: [Leica] Camera as a weapon OFF DUTY! GOTTA READ THIS PART!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:26:50 -0800

Hi Crew,
In so called identification of the three cops involved in the "scuffle"
shall we say?

They were in plain clothes and off duty at a Saturday afternoon football
game. The game was over and it all took place on the playing field near the
bleachers.  However? That isn't any excuse because once sworn in "they are
on duty 24 hours a day!" When all was settled? READY?

1/ Was fired from the police force. He was main instigator and the one
receiving the camera, base plate to side of head. (Jeeeeeeeeeeesssshh!
Com'on I only hit him once!) He didn't engage in any further action!

However the other two had me face down on the grass and in doing so broke a
500mm Nikon mirror lens adapted for a Leica SLR camera right out of the
body. The "good part?" I was face down and the guy pounding me in the head
broke three knuckles in his right fist. He was picked up later along with
the other two at the local hospital emerge department.

2/ Was put on 3 months suspension,

3/ Was on two months suspension.

The guy fired had 14 years experience. Nothing like too much booze and your
team loosing the game!

The police force paid for a new camera body, re-adapting one of the other
Leica SLR bodies for the lens.

I left it at that as I lived in the city and I really didn't want to have
police cars tailgating me every once in awhile? It also made front page
local newspaper three days in the following week!

HEY COM'N "60 YEARS LEGENDARY PHOTOJOUIRNALISM!" ........ There's no life

NOW HERE'S THE KEY PART OF THE WHOLE STORY? You are going to love this! :-)

A buddy photog of mine shooting for Canadian Press. Much like AP in the USA.
PHOTOGRAPHED THE COMPLETE EVENT! And we  went to police headquarters with a
few prints proving they were actually policemen.
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)