Subject: [Leica] Camera as a weapon
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:26:09 -0500

 Yale Joel taught me how to use a camera as a weapon back in 1948. He was
using a Rolleiflex, I a Kodak Medalist. He said that either one, swung with
a sturdy neck strap, would make a fine mace. The camera would survive much
better than your opponents.
Larry Z
? - - - - -
And if that should occur? WITHOUT HESITATION NOR FEAR? And if you have an M
camera in hand? Swing it quickly on neck strap with great force at the side
of your assailants head! He won't take another swing at you!

Don't worry about the camera as an M is well built and can be used as a
deterrent in this fashion most effectively! Those of you who've bought a
BIO-copy of "TED GRANT SIXTY Years of Legendary Photojournalism!" Will find
a segment about me in a fight with three drunk cops at the end of a football
game when I lived in Ottawa. I used an M6 in just that swing and hit
fashion! ?.... ?I WON!!!!!! :-) A good read! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted?

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Camera as a weapon)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Camera as a weapon OFF DUTY! GOTTA READ THIS PART!)