Subject: [Leica] Elder prostate wisdom
From: leesonpj at gmail.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 10:22:02 -0600
References: <D10D2E99.334BE%mark@rabinergroup.com> <370A6C5D-70AC-4546-B443-26D91FABCD3E@gmail.com> <F7936DDA-59C8-4D76-8A7A-9A3F5F544E16@gmail.com> <8041BBFC-B588-4A67-BD1D-34C255AF251A@icloud.com> <B5FED146-CBB2-4079-A16C-1CAD393F18F4@gmail.com> <367B44CD-366C-4FC3-880F-FD01F1AFCC6B@gmail.com> <6365FF8A-030C-40EA-90CA-19CF9AE7DC45@gmail.com> <CAFfkXxt6SPgxwoNwf4+x7eHVq_=7o40XbXPieQ7qgB86uk6ukA@mail.gmail.com>

MRI is not really helpful at this stage.
An old adage is: ?When tumor is the rumor, tissue is the issue?

Prostate biopsy is usually recommended, it?s the only way to actually make
the diagnosis.
Ancillary tests are for staging purposes.

?Normal? PSA increases with age, sometimes "Free PSA" is done to help
discern.
Here?s another good source of info:

<http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/81944>

Phil