Subject: [Leica] Getty Images
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:26:53 -0500

No, they are going bankrupt because they are trying to undercut even the
cheapest micro-stock.  They aren't ripping off their clients - those are
the ones getting the bargains!  They are ripping off their contributors, or
as Getty refers to them - content providers.  When even 25 cents was too
much, Getty started giving away photos for person and web use, ignoring the
fact that they are giving away someone else's intellectual property.  I
hate Getty for what they have done to photographers.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-03-07/photographers-hate-getty-imagess-plan-to-give-away-their-work

Tina

--

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Getty Images)