Subject: [Leica] Getty Images
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:01:34 -0800

Jayanand Govindaraj ASKED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Getty Images

>>> Are Getty going bankrupt then, if they are ripping every client off?
That must be the broader market today. <<<<<<<<<

Hi Jayanand,
Well I don't think so. But they are "great money/cost players" and sell or
give away images because they accept the photography from any person sending
them something they consider they will eventually sell for whatever the
buyer will/can/can't pay? They figure "Well if we give them this one for
free?  The next time they want something we can put the hook into them
big-time and make-up for the "freebie!"

However they pay the photog-submitter .25cents and because this submitter
isn't depending on stock sales for a living they accept any amount simply
because they think, maybe not all? But think they've been recognized as a
"Professional photographer due to the sale."

And that's how GETTY can keep going . Low prices they charge and "HOW CHEAP
THEIR SO CALLED ROYALTIES PAID TO THE PHOTO-submitter is!"

It's a modern day fashion of life simply making and taking images.......
"PLEASE NOTE I DID NOT SAY BEING A PHOTOGRAPHER" The technical advances of
recording scenes and things has become so simplified any person with any
kind of "IMAGE CAPTURE MACHINE?" Will/can and do some very interesting
images.

However they don't understand that when they accept next to nothing in a
sale .25 cents or a couple of dollars they're taking food off the tables of
real photographers depending on their livelihood for food and family!

Cheers
Dr. ted

Sent from my iPad

http://photobusinessforum.blogspot.com/2015/02/getty-images-downward-spiral-