Subject: [Leica] Getty Images
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:37:39 +0530
References: <54F1177C.3010201@cox.net> <004b01d05322$daa22fc0$8fe68f40$@ca> <D5DF3F2A-DD1B-492B-8D22-85212D7ECC04@btinternet.com> <F161F103-DEA4-4D27-AFF0-B1DECE9453A7@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1Cp+d0+_=P+cUk6=OJN8O7s-PWk5wo1EkZrqG4wVzcwuQ@mail.gmail.com> <CCC5BF0E-594A-4A57-82CE-621EE6016724@gmail.com> <005901d05380$97281490$c5783db0$@ca> <CAH1UNJ11VBJGnKqq3+Bie+ga-ajwrpEQetNo4nq-HKkWPanahA@mail.gmail.com> <008801d05442$c860b4a0$59221de0$@ca>

Ted,
through human history - it is precisely this greed in various forms that
largely drives innovation, so even this does have its positive side. Just
to give two examples, think railroads in the USA in the 19th century, or
the internet boom in the 1990s - utter greed, up to its nose in chicanery
and corruption, that left a very useful backbone for the economy to build
on, but after an inevitable crash that collaterally hurt millions of
people! The same thing will probably happen in Canada and Australia
shortly, as the mining boom fades with the slowdown in China - but it did
give decades of economic growth - a point that tends to get forgotten with
our inbuilt recency bias! And so it goes....
Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Getty Images)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Getty Images)