Subject: [Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:37:54 -0500

Problem with this:

Help editing to what criteria?
1) Marketability?
2) Photojournalistic power?
3) Pictorialness?
4) Personal taste?
5) Aesthetic power
6) So-called Decisive Moments?
7) Developing a "Consistent Body of Work?"
8) Making a mark within the "History of Photography?"
9) Developing a unique personal statement about Cuba?
10) A feature article?

And no matter what criteria you may be attempting to edit towards
The only way I could imagine "helping" you would be if I had access to Light
Table.

Looking at one or two raw, unfinished samples at a time doesn't make for any
sort of sane editing decisions; even if I knew what the editorial criteria
and goals were; which I don't.

Which is pretty much why I haven't been commenting on your Cuba photos.
You're showing a very loosely edited collection of unfinished travel
photographs.
I simply enjoy them on that level; a simple sharing of your trip.

a note off the iPad, George

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part)