Subject: [Leica] IMG: Alice's Restaurant
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Bryk Oliver)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 16:33:45 -0700

Hello Herb,

your picture brings back fond memories. In 1960 I lived for a while with a
friend in Skylonda, just down the hill on CA84 from Alice?s Restaurant. I
had gone to work at Philco WDL (soon to be acquired by Ford Aeronutronics)
in Mountain View.

Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters were living in La Honda, down the hill on
84 toward the coast; the Further bus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Further_%28bus%29   was parked prominently in
front of their abode. Pleasant fumes were in the air.

My wife and I occasionally drive down to Alice?s for a hearty meal and to
enjoy the scenery along the way.

Sei gesund,

Oliver

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OBRYK/SF_Bay_Area/L1012438.JPG.html