Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: So much for "film is forever"..
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 18:25:08 -0400

Dang! I was going to stay out of this. :-)

The digital media industry don?t give a hoot about long term image
viability. The CEOs care mostly about quarter-to-quarter financial results
and the size of their bonus. It?s the photographer?s problem and rather too
few photographers even understand there is problem.

Digital cameras are all disposable in the sense that 99.9999% of them are
unrepairable after 3 years because the parts are no longer available. Why
should digital images be any better from the industry?s perspective?

Spencer