Subject: [Leica] New Monochrome results
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:58:15 -0500

Bob,

Here is a Leica-rookie question.  I have seen numerous posts about users
sending bodies and lenses back to Leica to calibrate, to avoid back and
front focus issues.  Is this what live view is intended to avoid?  I
know even my SLR's have focus issues if I don't calibrate the lenses
with in-camera software.  If there is not an issue with matching bodies
and lenses, yes I would prefer to have rangefinder focus (my last Leica
long ago was an M3 with a 35mm Summicron, where it was difficult to make
a focus error though I succeeded at times).  Thx for some enlightenment.

Ken