Subject: [Leica] New Monochrome results
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:20:58 -0700

> On May 24, 2015, at 4:58 PM, John McMaster <john at mcmaster.co.nz> wrote:
>
> Only lenses that are fussy to my knowledge are Noctilux (particularly
> f1.0),
> 75mm Summilux and maybe the 90mm Summicron. The 35/50 asph lenses are
> usually fine, as are wider and the 75mm Summicron, not sure about Summarits
> (never owned one) but I think they are also fine. So outside of those few
> lenses I would not expect to have to get things recalibrated very often.

when I shoot my Noctilux it's almost always at f1. I used it with M3, 5, 6,
7 with good results, with the M8, 9 , it was variable, not dependable.. So I
sent the M8 and Noctilux to DAG, and for $400.-- I had them adjusted,
calibrated, i.e. mated, it worked, but not with the M9 and not when I used
narrower f stops. At that point the writing was on the wall, I must see in
real time the outcome......

steve