Subject: [Leica] OT: Address book for both Windows or iOS
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 09:28:38 -0400

Peter,

The absolute easiest way is to drink the Apple/Google/Microsoft Koolaid and
use the same application across all platforms or use the same platform.

If you need auto-synchronization, one of the Web-based methods (LDAP,
Google) is probably the only practical way to go. Thunderbird contacts
doesn?t play too well with the other kids on the block otherwise.

If you just need to sync them once in a while, you can usually export your
contact list from one application in vcard format and import it in another
application.

If I want to do this, I would setup my own LDAP server on an Linux box (for
privacy reasons) but that?s not necessarily recommended for everyone. Apple
and Microsoft certainly supports using LDAP servers for contacts. Google is
Google and don?t play very well with the other kids.

/sc