Subject: [Leica] Have you heard the news....?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 15:08:01 -0400

Picture a big sign next to a monument somewhere and a thousand tourists a
day taking pictures of that sign with their smart phones and a few seconds
later putting it on their blogs as well as their pix of the monument itself.
As this is happening every day.  This makes it easier for us people who are
prone sometimes to take picture with plain vanilla camera. The path has been
cleared for us by the mindless Smartphone multitudes and the mindset that
they should get to do whatever they feel like doing. No one and nothing is
going to impede  any use of smartphones in our day and age.
Cellphone use has been a boom for photography because of the overlap. People
think of picture taking and cell phone use as basically the same thing. .
Nothing and I mean nothing is going to stop the free use of cell phones. The
cops would arrest you if they weren't busy texting themselves. Same with the
people who would write laws against it. They are too busy texting to do
anything let alone to finish writing out their proposals.
In the future I see photography having a freer reign. This panorama law
threat is a miner threat which will never get off the ground. During the
time it takes for the police to arrest one person a dozen other people would
have taken the shot from the same photo op.

I will say that this whole time along with model releases location releases
have been a reality.  You're supposed to bring them along with you have have
people sign them. Though I've not had experience with them.