Subject: [Leica] "new" equipment
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:04:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

My biggest reservation about the R modular APO lenses is not the expense or
the weight, both of which are noteworthy, but the material they're made of,
apparently Unobtainium.  Suppose I damaged a focussing module, which may no
longer be repairable.  Sourcing a replacement would be a nightmare.  I can
much more readily rationalize tossing out and replacing an unrepairable $1k
Canon lens than a $10k Leica APO.

However having expressed this reservation I'd have no qualms about making my
best effort to put a 560mm f/5.6 APO to good use.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com