Subject: [Leica] IMG: look at all the dancing creatures in my back yard
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 16:57:09 -0700

Okay, they aren?t dancing and some aren?t creatures.

I wanted to finally get a few snaps of hummingbirds so I put the Leitz 180mm
f4.0 R lens with 2X APO telex tender on my Fuji X-T1 (for the added crop
factor) and sat myself down to wait. And made images to keep myself occupied.

I like the very dark background in this shot even though it?s only in
moderate shade:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Other/Fuji-First-Light/i-BwjSXRF/A>

The subtle color in this zinnia was nicely rendered:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Other/Fuji-First-Light/i-DWnH3nh/A>

And this butterfly at the moment of lift-off:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Other/Fuji-First-Light/i-sczmFXt/A>

It?s a bit difficult to get bird photos when one?s cat is lurking nearby,
however. Thanks Mikey!

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Other/Fuji-First-Light/i-8ZtZ3BQ/A>

But eventually one did drop by:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Other/Fuji-First-Light/i-b2rMGFB/A>

and was head-deep into one of the flowers:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Other/Fuji-First-Light/i-n28Rd8p/A>

before departing:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Other/Fuji-First-Light/i-4xf9w7H/A>

Not in Doug?s league, a bit soft, but workable and fun to have the camera at
hand. All shot on a tripod.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Adam