Subject: [Leica] IMG: Carpenter Bee
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:19:05 -0500

Hi Herb,

Thanks for the kind words.  I experiment with different lenses. This
particular image was made with the normal zoom lens fully extended, at
its minimum focusing distance, using autofocus. Telephoto lenses provide
nice bokeh, but often don't focus closer than 3-4 ft.  But, mainly, it
just takes some walking around with your eyes open for insect activity.

Of course, a lot of cropping is required.  I often crop down to around
1000 pixels on a side, then resize to 600x600 for posting.

Give it a try!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA