Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cuban Cigar
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 17:34:34 +0100

I love that photo ... ! It reminds of an incident we had with the US Border
Police more than 10 years ago when we went through the checks at Columbus
Airport on our way back to France after our daughter's wedding - the one who
lives in Savannah, GA. I had a handful of Cuban cigars in my suitcase, which
they discovered. The officers'reaction was, at that time, adapted to the
political context: in a second, we were surrounded by a dozen policemen,
dogs, etc. They searched our luggage thoroughy - that's an understatement -
and I had to destroy the cigars, of course. We missed our flight. I was
allowed to keep the box ... I am very happy the US-Cuba Relationship gets a
bit less tense - I guess this is why your son could enjoy this Cuban cigar
his dad had bought when you last visited the island. F?licitations for your
Grandson!
JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim